domingo, janeiro 25, 2004

Sometimes you have to go halfway around the world to come full circle
Around June, 2003, I was lost, didn't know what to do, no clue of where to go, stuck, completely stuck, not that I still don't feel like that every now and then, but it's not like that anymore... By then I decided that the only way to go was far, far away, from everything and everyone, I chose Ireland, circumstances made it Japan, seemed like a really good idea back then... But things change and I changed my mind, the thing is, I changed my mind only out of fear... Yeah, me, the independent, adventurous one, got really scared with the idea of spending one whole year alone... Crazy uhn... And this thought stilll scares me to death, and I can't figure out why... When exactly did I become such a chicken? Sometimes I look at the mirror and have no idea of who is this person looking back at me, is this what growing up is? Not recognizing yourself anymore? Feeling afraid of what used to set you on fire? If this is it, thanks, but no, thanks...
On the other hand, when I'm finally beginning to feel like I belong, that I might actually fit somewhere, when it is all starting to seem right and on place, why would I want to leave? I don't know... I always said I'll go where the wind takes me, guess I'll have to wait and see where and if it's gonna blow...

Nenhum comentário: